1. BrokenBot 4.7.5 works with Clash of Clans May 2017 Update is out!
    [ Download Clash of Clans Bot BrokenBot for CoC ] [ NEW PREMIUM FEATURES RELEASED! ]

BrokenBot 5.0 HAS BEEN ANNOUNCED! read the details here

Buy BrokenBot Premium 1 Year - Get beta for free permanently! Excited to play with BrokenBot 5? So are we! Sign up now and save money when it comes out and also get access to beta!

ALL PRICES WILL BE GOING UP AFTER BrokenBot 5.0 RELEASE. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A MONTHLY SUBSCRIPTION, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Click Here To Upgrade Right Now

Should I Rush?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by MonkeyHeart, Feb 1, 2016.

1. parjn

parjn Member Beta Tester

Yes rush but be smart about it. :) :)

2. crest2020

crest2020 Member Beta Tester

I was far ahead on my war troop upgrades, only had minions, poison, earthquake left.

I still had a ton of collectors to upgrade (most at lvl 7 or 8) and defense buildings like cannons, archer towers, wizard towers were 1 from max TH8.

My hero, AD, teslas, traps and walls were all maxed.

So I went to TH9 and clan members gave me so much shit about it. Now I am about halfway through my lego walls while I am finishing off my collectors, my queen is already lvl 6 and already have giant lvl 6, max heal and finishing off valk lvl 3. By the time I've finished off all my collectors and the last defenses from TH8, I will already be queen lvl 10+, 30% of my lava walls done and half way through all my war troops.

To stay at th8 to finish off my non-war troops, few spells and those collectors would have meant being 400 mil behind on walls, 10 lvl's behind on my queen and about 30-40 days behind on war troops.

If you rush, you will probably be a bit of a liability in war for a little while so atleast make sure you have max war troops and hero before making the move.

3. parjn

parjn Member Beta Tester

This is exactly what I mean by be smart about rushing. Thanks Crest.

4. dkdk

dkdk Member Beta Tester Donator Enabler

Updates for the rushing metagame from my experience: if you rush to TH11 attack power with TH9 defences:

Pros
    • You will absolutely decimate opposing TH9s and low TH10s
    • Your war weight will be between TH9 and TH10, higher than 9 but lower than any 10 with an inferno, even with an additional xbow and warden.
    • L4 hounds + L7 loons + warden is extremely OP against any TH9.
    Cons
    • Raiding is incredibly more discriminatory towards other TH11s, thus
    • Loot per hour drops significantly
    • This also means you are raided more frequently as other TH11s will find you easy game
    • War loot drops
    • Latest May update has swung the balance pendulum towards attack, so this is now less effective since TH10s/11s are now easier to 3*
    If you use an anti-3* base design, it's extremely rare for another TH9 to 3* until you fight good clans. This may also change with max miners.

TH10 might be the better happy medium if you still need to loot and upgrade... but warden is just so powerful.

Just to correct this, upgrading TH won't influence your war weight, it's primarily defences that increase weight. Troop levels, royals, walls and traps also increase weight, but are typically very minor compared to defences. One notable exception is witch upgrade. So the rule is, increasing defence = increasing liability (because you bring an equally "strong" opponent, averaged out over the team).

5. crest2020

crest2020 Member Beta Tester

Just a little update, finished off my collectors, just a couple trap levels left, built 4th air defense and beginning on lvl 5, built new tesla and nearing lvl 4, built 2 xbows, built archer tower and nearing lvl 5, rest of defenses are still 1 lvl under max th8. Troops for TH9 are max giant, wizard, archer, barbs, healer, valk, golem, hogs, pekka, dragon, balloon, wallbreaker, rage, heal, jump.

Upgrades to barracks and dark barracks for baby dragon, witch and lava hound are not done yet.

Hero's are both lvl 20.

20 walls left for max th9 walls.

In wars defensively I rank as a bottom Th9 but offensively I rank as a max TH9.

In terms of base weighting your collectors and storages have no weight, walls have virtually no wight, traps and air sweeper have little weight and offensive upgrades like royals , troop upgrades, camps etc. have very little weight compared to defensive buildings.

Top 3 heavily weighted buildings for th9 are xbows, mortors and wizard tower, after that archer tower, tesla and air defense are all pretty comparable.

Some mentions on the shoutbox are that you could max out a th11 offensively with no defense and you would pair against th5's

6. dkdk

dkdk Member Beta Tester Donator Enabler

You'd struggle to upgrade though as you can't hold on to any resources.

Witches are very heavy, 5k for first upgrade. Avoid if you won't use them.