1. BrokenBot 4.7.5 works with Clash of Clans May 2017 Update is out!
    [ Download Clash of Clans Bot BrokenBot for CoC ] [ NEW PREMIUM FEATURES RELEASED! ]

BrokenBot 5.0 HAS BEEN ANNOUNCED! read the details here

Buy BrokenBot Premium 1 Year - Get beta for free permanently! Excited to play with BrokenBot 5? So are we! Sign up now and save money when it comes out and also get access to beta!

ALL PRICES WILL BE GOING UP AFTER BrokenBot 5.0 RELEASE. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A MONTHLY SUBSCRIPTION, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Click Here To Upgrade Right Now

[PREVIEW] Clash of Clans Bot BrokenBot v5.0

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by maxcom, Feb 6, 2017.

1. cadickey

cadickey New Member Premium User Beta Tester

I little bummed and confused by this post.

Brokenbot was 98% complete when the devs needed to stop due to work/life issues and I/we completely understand that. (Bummed) However, it seems the devs are back and have the time to fix Royalbot, but not Brokenbot. Put on top of that, they need to also onboard the new devs now. (Confused) Why not focus on an update to 4.7.5 or complete 5.0 and then start onboarding the new devs. Allow the new devs to assist and learn the system as the beta testers find/report, if any, bugs found.

I appreciate all that you guys to to keep it going and I am excited for a new product to show.

2. maxcom

maxcom Administrator Staff Member Premium User Beta Tester Founder Donator Enabler

RoyalBot takes just a bit to manage and update because it was written in a much cleaner way than 4.x BB.

There is still missing functionality in BB that we need help with thus the onboarding - we're not 100% back just yet so in the interest of continued predictable progress we're seeking additional help. I don't think you guys realize how much this takes from Broken and me to run - literally 10hr work days and then another 8-10 on BB _every single day_ to create what we did.

cadickey likes this.
  3. cadickey

maxcom, thanks for the speedy feedback! I believe that most of us (I know I do) understand the amount of work that is going on to bring it online. It is just frustrating to see other programs being fixed before brokenbot, which has been in production for a loooong time. Your explanation is understandable and for me, a valid reason as to why Royalbot over Brokenbot this time. This type of feedback is productive and satisfying, which helps the troops understand and remain patient. A big thank you for taking the time to respond with a sensible answer and for all the work you two do.

maxcom likes this.
  4. NoggenFogger

NoggenFogger New Member

Maxcom... I'm an advocate of communication, and I very much appreciate you taking the time over the last couple weeks to update us on what's going on. Both here and with RoyalBot. I have been cautiously vocal about my frustration with the lack of updates and communication, and I totally understand how life goes, and that family/work take precedent over a side-hustle.

I understand that a hobby in general costs the person undertaking it... but this is a bit more than a hobby when you have "paying customers". Obviously we could all vote with our wallet and stop paying the monthly sub, but that doesn't solve your cash flow problems, as they relate to this project. If the subscriptions to BB and RB aren't paying the bills generated by the projects, perhaps it's time to re-evaluate the business model.

Lastly... and most deservedly.... Thank you for your hard work over the years, your dedication to the bot and the community you've built together with Broken, and the continued efforts you are putting in to right the ship.

We are behind you... even the ones that complain. They are still here... which tells you something. Doesn't it.

MrJackSparrow2 and cadickey like this.
  5. cadickey

Any update on a release?

6. gokucorp

gokucorp New Member Beta Tester

So... Is it save to assume that BB is dead?

7. cadickey

No sir! Not at all. The devs are busy and the more time they spend here, the less they spend on programming.