1. BrokenBot 4.7.4 works with Clash of Clans December 2016 Update is out!
    [ Download Clash of Clans Bot BrokenBot for CoC ] [ NEW PREMIUM FEATURES RELEASED! ]

BrokenBot 5.0 HAS BEEN ANNOUNCED! read the details here

Buy BrokenBot Premium 1 Year - Get beta for free permanently! Excited to play with BrokenBot 5? So are we! Sign up now and save money when it comes out and also get access to beta!

ALL PRICES WILL BE GOING UP AFTER BrokenBot 5.0 RELEASE. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A MONTHLY SUBSCRIPTION, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Click Here To Upgrade Right Now

[DOWNLOAD] BrokenBot 4.6.1 BETA - October 2016 CoC update

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Broken, Oct 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flapuit

flapuit Member Beta Tester

Same here, if anyone has a working strategy for farming anything pllease post the name.

2. cobratst

cobratst New Member

version 4.4 was the best , now it's the baddest bot ever

3. butobhones

butobhones Moderator Beta Tester

vipinvite milking.....

4. crest2020

crest2020 Member Premium User Beta Tester

I managed to get mine working again using revo uninstaller to remove everything and then reinstall BB. Still hoping for an update on progress though as I would like to be able to do DE farming :)

5. maxcom

maxcom Administrator Staff Member Premium User Beta Tester Founder Donator Enabler

Original post updated with next release sneak peek

6. chriswill

chriswill Member Premium User Beta Tester

Hey frustrated botters, in the unlikely event the BB devs take another couple weeks or so to release the next batch of fixes, I've been limping along for the most part with GiBArch and with the following work-arounds:

(1) Whenever you start/restart the bot, you still need to zoom out entirely once BS starts. The team has already told all to do that anyway but I'm just reiterating it here. FYI, I'm still using the age-old BS1 version mentioned under the BB install guide and I've never gone back to MEmu under 4.6.x as it seems less stable. You'll know there is a problem with zoom-out of BS when you get excessive messages of "Error reading number of troops in overview" (I believe you need to be in Verbose mode for this message). Also, you'll know there is a zoom out issue when upon launching and starting BB, you see it not recognizing your TH, nor your heros. You need to be in Verbose mode to see these messages. If you don't see them, you need to stop the bot, zoom out the BS1 manually, and then restart the bot. You don't necessarily need to shut down and relaunch BS1 for this. Also, if you can't get any of this to work (meaning you don't see it recognizing your TH/heros), you'll have to go back into the "Fix Building Locations" feature and manually relocate your heros, TH and lab. Make sure of course you are entirely zoomed out when you do this;-)

(2) If any of your heros are upgrading, you need to manually remove said hero using "Fix Building Locations" and "Remove Building" feature - for the duration of your hero's upgrade cycle. If you don't do this, the bot will immediately return to the home screen after the first base is found, saying a hero status change was detected and then of course the BOT loops endlessly on this issue and you never get to attack anything. This happens whether or not the "hero becomes available" checkbox is checked or not under "Return to Town..."

(3) Biggest issue on stability (that is running the bot for longer periods reliably) is actually the issue of the bot ending up with that fatal error when it detects multiple threads! In fact, forget duplicate threads for a minute, sometimes it even ends up with duplicate "Windows Processes." But of course the Dev's know they've got that problem. This was a problem in all 4.x versions going back to the initial launch of C# version. As to the partial work-arounds, the duplicate threads are most often triggered by timing variations between BS1, the screen capturing logic and the BOT. This can be mitigated by making sure the bot has enough stable computing resources to keep up with BS1/CoC app. This 4.6.x version is between 3x and 5x slower than 4.5 -- particularly when it is analyzing a base to determine whether or not to attack. So turn off your virus software or other batch services/apps that turn on periodically and spikes system resources (CPU mainly). And surely you don't want to be doing anything else apps that deal with the Windows UI (and yes no browsing activity either as that of course is a UI app). So run your BOT on dedicated machines or VMs and make sure the CPU availability is good.

Also, I've also noticed a likely trigger of this issue when I have spells in inventory -- although I have not spent too much time proving this as yet. I run GiBArch and of course that doesn't need spells. So when I delete all spells, I seem to be able to run longer w/o the thread issue surfacing.

Last but not least, because the image processing is currently so much slower, I turn off the "Fewer red line erros" check box under speed. And, although I haven't proven this with certainty, I turn the speed up to "Fast Speed." Of course leave the delay between deployment at "A fast Human" to avoid being banned.

Bottom line on the multi-thread issue: You know you've got the problem when you get the fatal error, OR, when your the BOT fails to properly build the right composition of troops per your strategy, or worse, when it fails to deploy them all or properly.

So that's about it. The strategy I use for GiBarch is public under the name "ChrisWill's [TH10] Four corner Dead Base Attack wt GiArch." I'm running this new version on two machines: Windows 10 Professional and Windows 8.1 Enterprise. With the above work-arounds, I can routinely get the Windows 10 Bot system to run 16 hours without the thread issue. The Windows 8.1 system is less reliable as I use it for work during the day and the additional screen activity and CPU loads trigger the thread very quickly.

Hope this helps some of you.

7. aslox

aslox New Member

When will you release it? And what's new in it?

8. kingb2016

kingb2016 New Member Beta Tester

Sooooo... Next month Supercell is releasing another major update. Any planning ahead on this one? Maybe that's why we are getting zero responses.. I hope so...

9. parjn

parjn Member Beta Tester

Not sure how they can plan ahead king, they can't do anything until they have the newest update released! It's the same as you can't fix the new motor for your car before you have gotten the new motor.

10. kingb

kingb New Member

Parjn, horrible analogy but I get your point. But just to argue; 1. programming and engines are nothing alike (software vs. hardware) 2. you can leak code, you can't leak an engine (again, software vs. hardware) 3. you can leak an engine design (thanks to software) and upgrade the previous model with aftermarket parts to meet or exceed the specs of a new engine (using your analogy, they are not "fixing" anything, they are modifying code to meet the needs of performance requirements).  

All that aside, my post was more of a passive aggressive sarcastic comment regarding the extreme amount of silence we are getting from the administration. 

With all that said, thanks for your comment. I'm going to go format my engine, then flush the antifreeze in my SQL tables.

11. butobhones

butobhones Moderator Beta Tester

if next update have a big impact on BB i'm sure DEV team will make temporary solution for that they always do, if BB is totally shutdown due to update...

12. parjn

parjn Member Beta Tester

Haha thanks for your comment it was truly entertaining to read!  :D :D

13. BOTHER

BOTHER Member Premium User Beta Tester

[attachment=1772]

please please please fix it

Attached Files:

14. maxcom

maxcom Administrator Staff Member Premium User Beta Tester Founder Donator Enabler

Thanks will take a second look a this too

15. BOTHER

BOTHER Member Premium User Beta Tester

thank you .

16. m4badi

m4badi New Member

its says uncorect username or password ????

17. Tjiang93

Tjiang93 New Member Beta Tester

Happens, just change pass 

18. Tjiang93

Tjiang93 New Member Beta Tester

Happens, just change pass

19. erksev

erksev New Member

which bs version do u use for bbot? can u give me link of working bs version

20. kingb2016

kingb2016 New Member Beta Tester

At the top of the page there is a link titled "Setup Guide". Click that and read the instructions, most information needed is in that guide. 

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.